• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

constant drops, Indesign crashes when importing text

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to put the text of the book in the publication in various ways, an emergency shutdown of InDesign occurs. Moreover, from text files from different sources. And it's not about the computer. This is repeated both on my windows computer and on the MAC. Moreover. The day before yesterday, on 3\4, a scientific book made up with such difficulties, when trying to fill in the text of the next chapter, generally gives an emergency reset of InDesign. Moreover, such that even after that, an attempt to simply launch InDesign turns into an emergency shutdown. After that, you need to open some old work so that InDesign just starts working. As usual, Adobe openly spits in the direction of users from Russia, although it charges money for using its products in full. There is no help. Now, after two days of unsuccessful attempts to somehow get out of the situation, I have to start working again.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too many thanks for your spit in my direction.

I didn't really expect anything else. One more time.
1) This error has been present in InDesign since 2005. I started publishing scientific and medical literature in Russian. Is that clear?
2) It has nothing to do with my computer and its support. I have 2 (two!) computer: Windows and MAC os. And it's the same everywhere.

Is that clear? But earlier this error was not so severe that it did not allow (as it is now) even to open the publication file.
Adobe has once again demonstrated complete contempt for users (legal users!) from Russia. That is why many people use "gray" packages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & InDesign? Do you see this behavior while working on a specific file?
If you'ce tried the troubleshooting as suggested by Mike earlier, I'd recommend following this suggestions given on this help article & share the crash logs with us. We'll be happy to take a look & assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines