Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Control Panel 'burger' menu

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am currently using InDesign 2021 and when I try to open the 'burger' menu on the top right of the page below the gear icon nothing happens. An example of when I try to access this menu is when I am using the type tool. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rich 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021
Using a keyboard shortcut:
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try to reset indesign preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a keyboard shortcut:
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this hapening with all files or only some files? Have you quit and relaunched the program? Have you tried rebuilding preferences?

To rebuild preferences:

(Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

(Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vladan & Scott,

thanks so much for the quick reply and as both of you have suggested I reset my preferences and this has fixed my problem. I tried resetting InDesign earlier today but obviously I did not do it correctly.

Cheers Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with Indesign 2021 on Windows 10, but it doesn't help deleting preferences. I have also removed the Indesign cache, but without any effect. The rest of the Controlbar is working as it should, but the three options of Quick Apply, Settings and Menu are not working. They don't even highlight when I hover the cursor above them. Also, if I hide/show the Controlbar, the buttons are missing on show.

If I drag the Controlbar to a floating position, on subsequent dragging of the bar handle, the bar shortens itself until it ends up showing only the three right-side buttons, and at that point the buttons are working as intended. But as soon as I choose to place the bar in top or bottom, the issue returns.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Indesign, but with no luck.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I might add that the same issue occurs on another Windows 10 computer as well. It's working on Mac. And the issue also exists in Indesign 2020, also on multiple Windows computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines