Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Control Panel 'burger' menu

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am currently using InDesign 2021 and when I try to open the 'burger' menu on the top right of the page below the gear icon nothing happens. An example of when I try to access this menu is when I am using the type tool. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rich 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021
Using a keyboard shortcut: (Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.(Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try to reset indesign preferences

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a keyboard shortcut:
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this hapening with all files or only some files? Have you quit and relaunched the program? Have you tried rebuilding preferences?

To rebuild preferences:

(Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

(Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi vladan & Scott,

thanks so much for the quick reply and as both of you have suggested I reset my preferences and this has fixed my problem. I tried resetting InDesign earlier today but obviously I did not do it correctly.

Cheers Rich

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines