• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Control Panel changes 2022

Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The control panel used to show both paragraph styles and character styles in the same panel. Now, with 17.2, the ¶ panel shows only the paragraph style list, and the A panel shows only the character style list. I am finding this very inconvenient and time consuming. Is there a way to change it back, so both drop-down lists are on the same panel? 

ID 17.2

Mac OS 12.2.1 Monterey

27" iMac late 2015

TOPICS
Feature request , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Check the UI scaling settings. That feature did change for Mac in 17.2 and could cause some changes to that panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot. I am seeing no change in Control Panel behavior here and you're the first to report anything like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both segments of the control panel have some options for the other (i.e., ¶ includes font size, kerning, tracking; A includes justification, space before/after etc.), but they do not include both style menus on each, as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Workspace > Essentials > Properties seems the same, if that's what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe that's what I mean. I made no changes to the workspace that I had created several years ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably, you created your own Workspace but it wasn't implemented when you downloaded a new version of InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, not related to workspace. That's all the same as before. But thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fritz,

what version of InDesign did you use before?
And was it the same machine with the same screen resolution?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previous version was 17.1, I assume. I'm on the continuous CC with auto updates. Same machine, same resolution. Same everything, as far as I can tell. Just this one change that I've noticed, although now that you mention resolution, I did think that things in the control panel appeard slightly larger. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the UI scaling settings. That feature did change for Mac in 17.2 and could cause some changes to that panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes that did the trick, although now everything looks rather small, but maybe I just got used to the slightly larger size. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines