• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert A4 to A5

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an A4 pdf document, which includes a layout of text and images created in Indesign CS5. I need to convert the size of the document from A4 to A5, how can i do this where the whole layout can be automatically resized to the smaller size without having to mannually resize every image to fit in the new size?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your name does not help with me answering this but....

You can select all objects, group then resize holding cmd (ctrl?)+shift which should keep everything in proportion. You will need to change trhe document setup to be in A5 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the name was meant in good humour. I'm always shouting 'Indesign is such a good time-waster!' and its kind of stuck!

Anyway, thank you for your reply. I will give it a try, I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To avoid wasting any time ( ), just make a new document A5 size and place the A4 document in it.  Google for "Scott Zanelli Indesignecrets multiple pages" for a truly excellent script to do this very quickly for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should add that there are some possibilities of text reflow when you do this with ID pages. This is due to the loss of kerning information when fonts get below some minmum size, and isn't necessarily a problem, but it's worth know it can happen. PDF pages will not reflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines