• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert Cross-Reference Pro Links to Native InDesign Cross-References

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help with converting Cross-Reference Pro cross-references? I have some legacy InDesign files in which cross-references were created using Cross-Reference Pro. I do not have the plug-in available and am looking for a way to open the files while retaining the cross-references.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that Cross-References Pro is a paid product from DTP Tools which is still being sold.

Are you asking someone to use their paid copy to implement the features you need? That doesn't seem ethical. You should acquire the plug-in from DTP Tools yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am not asking for anyone  for use of their software.

The company I work for has let the previous license of CR Pro lapse. There was a need for the plugin prior to InDesign having the capability. Since InDesign now has the ability to cross-reference, I am just looking to see if there is a way to convert the cross references that had been established in some older documents into current InDesign references so I do not have to relink everything.

I would rather not be a slave to a plugin that is not required any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I misunderstood. We'll have to see if anyone knows of a way to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ross35192887eguk

Can you share (part of) your file? 

Maybe it would be possible to convert them without the plugin? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe it's possibe to take your InDesign file and do a script to convert DTP Tools's cross-references to InDesign cross-references. DTP Tools's cross-references are scriptable, but you'd have to have the plug-ins installed. I've no idea whether the DTP Tools's cross-references are visible without the plug-ins and if they are, to what extent.

Since InDesign now has the ability to cross-reference

This is true. But bear in mind that DTP Tools's cross-references have two advantages over InDesign's: they can do cross-references to footnotes and you can suspend their updates for faster processing of book files. 

(I have no connection with DTP Tools.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines