Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Convert Endnotes to static endnotes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a client that wants to add endnotes to the copy out of sequence. Ie. adding endnote 64 and 65 before endnote 12 and changing the order of endnotes ect. They don't want the endnotes to reorder. In order to do this, I have used the script: https://creativepro.com/files/kahrel/indesign/footnote_endnote_conversion_cc2018.html

It works well to change the dynamic endnotes static except I have endnotes in tables and this script strips them out of the tables! Does anyone have a work around for this? I looked to see about creating a new file with Indesign 2017 - but I don't think I have access to that version of InDesign anymore.

I'm really stumped as to how I can fix this! Any suggestions welcome. Thank you!

TOPICS
How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021
The script now handles table notes.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erica,

InDesign CC 2017 will not help. It does not support endnotes at all.

If you open an IDML exchange file from InDesign 2021 that contains endnotes with the old InDesign CC 2017, all endnotes and also the endnote text frames will be removed by the process. Best ask Peter Kahrel to update the script.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The script now handles table notes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter!

This is terrific. Thank you very much! 😄

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines