• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert footnotes to endnotes in script

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a direct way to convert footnotes to endnotes in a script? (I'm familiar with PK's script -- I'm looking for a wat to do it without having to call his script)

Thanks

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a trick question 🙂 Jokes apart why don't you want to use Peter's script, do you see any errors, shortcoming etc. Please point to the thing that is bothering and that might lead to some ideas.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be part of a larger script doing a lot of preprocessing. Ultimately I'll be using the endnotes to create running footnotes

I originally planned on using doScript to call his script but wanted to make sure there wasn't a DOM method to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not looked into this particularly but if there would have been an easier way or say a more straightforward way then Peter would have used that already. My suggestion would be to use the doScript as you already investigated or maybe integrate Peter's code right into your code by picking up the pieces that are absolutely needed and skipping the rest. You could use the #include as well for modularisation of the code.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aware that there exists a command in the type menu to convert footnotes to endnotes and endnotes to footnotes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. And I know how to call the dialog from a script -- but then it waits for user input.

I'm trying to automate the process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines