• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert URLs to Hyperlinks with unusual domains

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a huge directory of business names, addresses, and web addresses that I convert for a magazine each month. The Convert URLs to Hyperlinks has been invaluable to handle all the listings. There are about 1400. The problem is that with lots of new domains popping up, InDesign is not detecting them all. For example, some of them end in .wine, .bank, .info, etc. Is there an easy way to add these domains so that InDesign can detect them when I run the Convert URL to Hyperlinks command? This adds about an hour to my work every month and I am eager for a solution. Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

No way! 😞 I think this feature is implemented in JavaScript, but the files are in binary format so that no one would mess up them.

KasyanServetsky_0-1643178368548.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way! 😞 I think this feature is implemented in JavaScript, but the files are in binary format so that no one would mess up them.

KasyanServetsky_0-1643178368548.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's my (not free) https://www.id-extras.com/products/hyperlinkpro/

If it misses any of your "unusual" hyperlinks, let me know!

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines