• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting PDF to Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf file that is created by Indesign 13.1 cc. I have to remove some lines of the pdf (positions are not fixed). The problem that I face are:

1. The InDesign version that I use is 14.0.2 which does not support the old version.
  2. I have used Acrobat to edit the pdf and make a new one but it did not work.
  3. I have also tried to convert into XML, .txt, and ...., then add them to Indesign but it did not work.

Any suggestion on how can I open it or convert the pdf?

I do not have the original file or the old version of InDesign on my machine.

Thanks.

(I have checked PDF Comments Input Error: PDF Created by an older version of InDesign?  but it did not work)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

To put it another way, there isn’t a function to do what you want AT ALL. Import does not do what you want, it’s a special thing for bringing in markup. InDesign CANNOT import PDF for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the new version not support it? What error are you getting when trying to open the files?

This product allows you to covert a .pdf to indesign:

Edit PDF content in InDesign CC 2018, PDF to InDesign CC 2018 converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I was looking for a free way to do this because I have created it with Indesign. This is the error I get

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 9.34.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling you're trying to import a PDF with comments. Just open the INDD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I am trying to open the pdf that has been created by Indesign. Yes, I am importing it because I do not have the original file(INDD file)( one of my colleges deleted the original file by mistake). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the other commercial product for converting PDF to INDD:

https://markzware.com/products/pdf2dtp/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is only available for Mac users? Is there a Windows solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to open in InDesign 2019? The PDF?

That's not going to work without a plugin.

There should be no issue opening the INDD file in InDesign 2019. What happens when you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows me PDF is created from an older version of InDesign. Select another pdf and continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message is because InDesign is expecting you to be importing comments (it cannot open a PDF file). ​It can only import comments from the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To put it another way, there isn’t a function to do what you want AT ALL. Import does not do what you want, it’s a special thing for bringing in markup. InDesign CANNOT import PDF for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines