Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy an entire conditional text from one file to another

Contributor ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
Does anyone know a code that copies an entire conditional text (all text with a condition applied) from one file to another? The idea would be the same as the script available here, but for conditional text "layers".
Thanks in advance.
Rogerio

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello @Rogerio5C09 

I believe the script you're referencing will do what you want, if you have conditional text "layers" and use layer-cloner the script it will copy the selected layer from one document to the other along with all the applied conditions, the only downfall I see is that you have to do one layer at a time through the drop down.

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply! 🙂

Actually, I want to copy small pieces of text that have conditions applied and place them in the same place in the other document. Both files already have conditions applied to the paragraphs where the text shoud be copied and replaced. I think the below sequence would work - I just don't know how to code it:

Open source document
Find condition "A"
Copy selected text
Open target document
Find condition "A"
Paste text
Reapet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines