• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copy and paste in single page document

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Is there someone who could help me with this?
Altough it seems not so complicated I couldn't find any script that do this.

I have a file with multiple objects in it (any object is a group of element such as an image+text frame), I need to copy and paste some of them in another file,  one object any single page.

is there someone who can help me?

thanks!!

Pat

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Script labels can be used to determine which objects to copy/paste. But you still need to manually enter them (unless the content come from some sort of a data merge process.

Scripts can be done. Never encounter any that does this specifically. If you need to do this often, it’s probably worth paying someone to write it to your specific needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this means? one object any single page
Do you want to create individuals pages for each simngle object?
You also wrote I need to copy and paste some of them. So does this means you want to chooses witch object your first want to copy, than paste them into single document?

What are you trying to acheived exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
yes, I want to create individuals pages for each simngle object, and yes, I need to choose just some of them. But if this is not possible or it is too hard to achieve it would be fine to copy and past all of them.

I'm going to try to explain my task. I have a multiple-page file, each page has 10 id card , and any id card card is a group of a photo + 2 or 3 text frame (name, nationality, age). I need to select only some of the id cards, and copy/paste in another file, each of them in a single page.

Do you know how I could do this?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need a script for that and probably a complex one that will pick the objects selected on a page.

Alternatvely, if you don’t have many of theses to do you can use the Content Collector tool, to grab the content you want to paste into teh others document with blank pages manually added first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the Content Collector tool, but as I need to do this action many times I would like to know if a script like this already exists. However, the possibility to select the objects I need is a plus, I could easily avoid this passage if it is too tricky. Maybe it would be possible with script label.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Script labels can be used to determine which objects to copy/paste. But you still need to manually enter them (unless the content come from some sort of a data merge process.

Scripts can be done. Never encounter any that does this specifically. If you need to do this often, it’s probably worth paying someone to write it to your specific needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It could be automated - if you can provide some unique info - for example that unique ID - that will let script find groups you want to copy.

Or script can give you list of all texts retrieved from the document - then you can select all you want to copy - much more efficient than selecting one-by-one in the INDD document... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines