• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and paste isn't working

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem for over a year...No matter if the object is grouped or just a simple text frame, it always turns into a photo when I paste it to other pages or do paste in place. Clear Indesign preference not working for me 😞

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 8.10.44 pm.png

 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @coye ,

could you share a simple sample document with us where this happens?

Just attach it to a reply using the forum's editor.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a sample document but it's just a text frame with the word "APPT", and when I copy and paste/ paste in place the text frame to the second page, it becomes a photo, not a text frame that is editable. If I group a text frame and a photo and then copy and paste/ paste in place to the second page, it also becomes a photo. Hope this makes sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @coye,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to what our expert has asked, could you please also share the screenshot of your Preferences settings, as shown below?

HARSHIKA_VERMA_0-1674851704488.png

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will duplicating the frame help?

Select the text frame, hold the Alt key and move the selected frane somewhere else.

E.g. to a different spread.

And please provide a sample document.

Perhaps there is something wrong with the document itself?
I'd like to do a test with your document.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this happening with just the text frame shown? Does it happen with any other text frames? Is what you're showing just a simple text frame with live text or is there some other origin of the frame in question? Assuming it's just a normal text frame, what happens if you recreate it in another document? Also what version of InDesign and what operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines