• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Paste not working from AI to ID

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working along with ID on a project and everyting was working just fine as I was copying and pasteing diagrams (vector) from AI to ID.  Then all of the sudden the copy and paste stopped working.  I am able to copy and paste from ID to AI but not the other way around.  I'm on kind of a deadline and I'm stopped in my tracks.  I have searched for solutions but nothing seems to work.  I have closed out all adobe programs and reopened and that doesn't seem to work either.  I am attaching an image of what is happening.  A huge box is being created when I go and paste.  I am pasteing vectors sized for my ID document so I have no idea why this big box is showing up.  Help!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems very complex to me - this is not a recommended worfkflow.

Instead - you should save your Illustrator file as an .ai with pdf compatibility.

Then in InDesign use File>Place and select the file. 

The images won't look great due to InDesign using a raster proxy - but the quality will be the same as you see in Illustrator. 

This article I wrote explains this

https://creativepro.com/high-res-image-look-low-res/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines