• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt file. InDesign 16.1 crashes while opening a specific file.

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running

Indesign 2021 version 16.1

Windows 10 Intel Core i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I was working on a design when suddenly the indesign application slowed to a crawl and then stopped responding entirely. 

Used the task manager to close the process and upon doing so it prompted a window to save my file which I did.

Now when trying to open up the file and/or the replica it crashes.

All other operations for indesign function normally. Can open other files/new projects, but just my file in question is bugged?

Any help would be appreciated. Saved file is too big to be attached. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly try saving the document as an IDML, rename it and try reopening it normally again to see if it clears out the corruption. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help to know what is in the document. Is there a lot of graphical content? Is it linked (best practice) or do you copy/paste from Photoshop or Illustrator?

Last time I saw a problem like this the file size had grown to about 2gb because of pasted graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue is fixed by now. If not, please email your file to idfile@adobe.com & we will take a look at the file.  There are multiple factors that can lead to file corruption, however, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired.   

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can upload to Creative Cloud account ( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html ) and send us the document link. 

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines