• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted InDesign File after Crashing - URGENT!

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my software recently to Big Sur. InDesign crashes occasionaly but nothing major. It crashed today while I was working on a really important job and now the whole file seems to be corrupted. I cannot open the file (unless I open a copy of it) and then as soon as I try do anything in the file, it crashes again. I really need this file!! When I try open any file in InDesign I get a crash report and it quits. If I just open Indesign and then open file it seems to work but not on the 'Corrupt' file that I was working on.

I'vve turned off my GPU settings in preferences and deleted my Indesign preferences on opening and it's still not working. Same problem. Open, scroll, crash! Please help!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened the file as a copy and then saved it as an IDML file - quit InDesign and then opened the IDML file and it seems to be working for now. Not sure if it's a problem with Big Sur and Adobe but I guess it's a temporary solution for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would hope you take this as a lesson and have some kind of back up. Easiest way is to be working in a Dropbox or Onedrive folder where versioning is automatic and you can roll back with a click of a mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have a backup of it - all my work is saved on google drive. It was just that InDesign kept crashing and since it seems to be ok when i save it down as a lower version of Indesign, I suspect it's a fault between the new operating system and Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, you didn't say what version of InDesign you're using 16.3 is rolling out now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines