• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted InDesign File For College Help!

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stupidly had spam deleted a few things and in the process deleted my architecture portfolio indesign file. I used a recovery tool which seemed to have grabbed most of (if not) the data in the file. The recovered file is 13mb which is pretty close to standard i believe. 

I have been unable to open it since i recovered it and i've attached it in this post if anyone has some kind of recovery tool or other knowhow. If anyone could please help me out that would be amazing!!!

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can email a copy of the document at idfile@adobe.com for the Adobe engineers to try and salvage the file for you. If the file is more than 10mb in size, upload it to a cloud service like dropbox and email the public access URL. There is no specified timeframe within which you can expect a revert from Adobe guys, so if time is of the essence and you won't mind a paid solution, try the following
https://markzware.com/products/file-recovery-service/
-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't help with this one but I can give you some advice for the future...always work in a Dropbox, OneDrive or similar folder. The files are automatically backed-up by version and even a deleted file can be recovered easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines