• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes everytime I try to access a certain spread

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on version 3 of a brochure which has worked perfectly before. It is an A4 106 page document.

I have to access pages 28-29 for amends and everytime I try the document crashes. I have tried...

• ctrl+J
  • Scrolling
  • Via the pages tab

Is there a known issue with the latest version of InDesign or is my document corrupted?

With it being only one spread, I can reartwork it, but I want to find out why it is happening.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

It sounds like a document corruption, maybe.

Try exporting to IDML and then reopening the IDML and saving as an INDD. Now you can test to see if it still crashes.

An old technique is Divide-and-Conquer and you can read about it in this troubleshooting post.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a document corruption, maybe.

Try exporting to IDML and then reopening the IDML and saving as an INDD. Now you can test to see if it still crashes.

An old technique is Divide-and-Conquer and you can read about it in this troubleshooting post.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mike, this has solved the problem. I was able to then resave as an .INDD file.

Was very strange that I could go to pg27 and pg30, but anything in-between crashed InDesign. It wouldn't even let me click on the pages tab to delete the spread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, try to " save as " the document open saved and test if the issue is still here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could save it as an IDML file and reopen it and rename it as an INDD file

Alternatively, divide the document in half and see if one half opens and the other half doesn't. If so keep dividing the "bad" half until you (hopefully!) isolate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines