• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes immediately while editing text/ endnotes

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- I'm working on a book project and every time I place a word doc in a text box (instead of copying and pasting, to keep formatting and footnotes), InDesign crashes immediately. I have the most up to date version from creative cloud. It's completely stopping my ability to do anything at all. HELP>

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you importing your file? are you mapping styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- I am not mapping styles. I am "placing" the text from word, as that's the advice I got from another tutorial. I can cut and paste without the program crashing, but I need the footnotes and endnotes, so I need to place instead of cut and paste. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried a few test docs, and it definitely seems to be an endnote misfunction problem. Even when I just changed the endnote settings, indesign shut down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not what I meant -- to mark this as the correct answer. I meant to "correct" or edit my response. Oops. How do I unmark that???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed by now. If not, please try the suggestions shared on this page (  https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034?pag...  ) and let us know how it goes. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Linda,

does it make a difference if you import a Word *.doc file instead of a *.docx file?

Is the source of your Word file really Microsoft Word?

Will it work if you open the Word file in Microsoft Word and save it to a new name?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines