• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey InDesign is crashing for two days now I haven't been able to get any work done. It crashes when I open a file or scroll up to the top or try to use the Find/Replace option. But now its just not even letting me open a file.

I updated the program and restarted the computer. I reinstalled and restarted the computer. I cleared the preferences. I exported the file I'm trying to work on as an idml.

What else can I do? I don't know how to move forward with work if I can't get In Design to function?!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you copy the crash report and post it as an attachment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @arielb55248671 ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. In addition to the information requested by @kevin stohlmeyer and please share a few more details like:

1. The version of ID & OS.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Have you made any recent changes on your computer, like updating OS or installing new plugins?
  4. Are the files saved locally or on a network folder synched locally?
  5. Please share system logs by following the steps shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues as the OP yesterday and today. The crashing primarily occurs when I export a text box to Incopy, but I've also had problems with random crashing and menus disappearing before I can make a selection. It seems to be escalating into different issues. I'm using Indesign 17.3 on MacOS Monterey 12.4.  It is happening on multiple files stored both on the cloud and locally, and both new files and old files. I updated my operating system and apps yesterday, but only after this had occurred for a couple of hours. I uploaded the log as directed above. My colleagues are also having trouble with Incopy crashing and with Indesign crashing upon opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the file name: AdobeLogs_20220714_105654_752-mac-GS.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @carolyno86081859 ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing the issue? If yes, have you tried restoring the preferences or re-installing InDesign & InCopy?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleared the preferences.

How?

Did you do this? Quit InDesign and relaunch it while holding down the Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys [Windows], Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd keys [Mac] until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines