Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create XML from Indesign with still information

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm trying to export an XML file from Indsign, but I'm only getting this information when I create the XML-file. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

How do I tag the document fonts so I get: font size, color style, placement and so on?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

I am not sure XML supports design info. In the past I used xlst file to format data imported.

but that was a few years ago. Transforming XML with XSLT | Real World Adobe InDesign CS4: XML | Peachpit

Check also,

More at Formatting Text With XML in InDesign | CreativePro Network

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Before you export XML from Indesign, the document needs to be tagged. Window > Utilities > Tags brings up the Tag panel, where you can create tags. Then you need to select content within document, text frames, text, ext. and apply the tag. Keep in mind that tags only defines an element within the document, it does not include style information like font, color, etc.

Here is a link to help better understand a XML workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure XML supports design info. In the past I used xlst file to format data imported.

but that was a few years ago. Transforming XML with XSLT | Real World Adobe InDesign CS4: XML | Peachpit

Check also,

More at Formatting Text With XML in InDesign | CreativePro Network

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before you export XML from Indesign, the document needs to be tagged. Window > Utilities > Tags brings up the Tag panel, where you can create tags. Then you need to select content within document, text frames, text, ext. and apply the tag. Keep in mind that tags only defines an element within the document, it does not include style information like font, color, etc.

Here is a link to help better understand a XML workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines