• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a form — best practices / troubleshooting

Participant ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brilliant INDD friends: I am creating pdf forms for online distribution. I've gotten the basics down but I'm having problems with multiple issues:
• When I create them entirely in INDD the 'tab to next field function' tabs to hyperlinks in the text. I want links to be active but I don't want them tabbed to.
• I've moved some of the form creation to Acrobat — but it is awkward to have to go back to INDD for corrections and then have to re-do all edits in Acrobat. Because I am more familiar with INDD I'd rather do the whole form there. Is this a good practice? Or are Adobe's capabilities more robust?

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Tab Order: you can move tabs in Indesign, but you can not delete a tab. Deleting an unwanted tab can be done in Acrobat. Open the Edit Forms Tool, and the Tab Order will show. Select unwanted tab and delete.

Form Fields and Content: In Acrobat, replace page. This will allow you to replace and update content that was created in Indesign, while retaining the original form elements of the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tab Order: you can move tabs in Indesign, but you can not delete a tab. Deleting an unwanted tab can be done in Acrobat. Open the Edit Forms Tool, and the Tab Order will show. Select unwanted tab and delete.

Form Fields and Content: In Acrobat, replace page. This will allow you to replace and update content that was created in Indesign, while retaining the original form elements of the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this good information.

I am still having difficulties with undesireable tabbing to hyperlinks. In the document screenshotted below the tab goes from Text field 1013 (at the bottom right) to the 'ecommerce marketplaces' link (blue in the middle of the page).
I have found that I can remove the bounding link box from links which are actual urls — which will take them out of the tab stream but maintain the hyperlink function. However, when the link is a phrase, removing the link box will remove the link. And I don't see any reference to the hyperlink in the tab fields.
Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 1.23.06 PM.png
Trying hard! and I apprecieate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the hyperlink created? I created a test file with hyperlinks, buttons, and fields, and the hyperlink does not show at all in tab order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was created in the INDD part of the design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually did a work around and did a full URL link as a footnote. So I'm not desperate for a response. But if you do come up with something I'd be curious. Thanks again for all of your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines