• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating an InDesign document for print and mobile

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I work for a park district and moving forward I need to create an InDesign document for our program guide that will work in print as well as for viewing on mobile. A majority of our patrons/viewers are registering via mobile but we also need the print version printed as well and need to keep the cost down with page count, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips, ideas on what the best way is to proceed.

Thanks!

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider producing a PDF for print and a PDF sized for mobile or alternativley InDesign's Publish Online (though users have to be online to access a Publish Online document).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, can I produce a mobile size from my original ID print file? Or will I need two different size documents to view well on mobile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to break this to you but you'll need two documents. Why not just make the mobile version a web page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our program guides are at least 60 pages with hundreds of links in them for registration purposes. This is why I'm so stymmied over this whole thing. If it was just a simple document it would be a lot easier to deal with. Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There is no such thing as a mobile document and if you're planning on making it a PDF be aware that any interactivity will be a crapshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines