• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating anchored frame with a set style overrides the stroke colour

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Adobe community. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's some sort of a bug in the new version of InDesign. Whenever I try to add an anchored image frame to my text with a set object style, it follows the defined object style, except for the stroke colour. It shows up with a "+" in the object styles window, and fixes itself if i press clear overrides. The colour itself is always the same one, and it's one of my defined colours that I'm using elsewhere, while I have the style set to black. Of course it's very inconvenient doing this every time I create a styled anchored object, so I was wondering if anyone else ran into this problem too.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Replying since i can't edit. The solution is to have no frame selected, and to clear overrides on the default graphics frame object style.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

could you post a screenshot with a graphic frame selected and the Object Styles panel open?

Plus another one where a duplicate of the frame is anchored and your mouse hovers over the overridden object style and the tool tip is showing what exactly is overridden?

I cannot see the issue if I copy/paste a frame to an text insertion point to anchor the frame.

From my German InDesign 2022 on Windows:

ObjectStyleApplied-FrameOnPage.PNG

Copied the frame and pasted it to an insertion point of the text frame.

No overrides on the object style visible:

ObjectStyleApplied-FrameAnchored.PNG

If I am doing the anchoring differently the object style will be overridden with my different values for anchoring the frame:

ObjectStyleApplied-FrameAnchored-Overrides.png

Best would be if you can share a small sample document where you see the issue.

One page with one graphic frame and one text frame would be sufficient.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to work out the solution after fiddling around. I'm not sure whether it's a bug or an intended feature. It happened because I was playing around with my saved colour swatch, trying to work out what shade works the best. Doing that set my default rectangle tool stroke colour as that swatch (didn't know it was possible, had to google how to set default rectangle colours. Turns out you have to have no object selected while doing this). Then, adding an anchor used the set border colour, ignoring the defined style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying since i can't edit. The solution is to have no frame selected, and to clear overrides on the default graphics frame object style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I removed the "Correct Answer" from you post above.

Hope you intended this…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines