• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating multiple single pages with the same content but different numbering

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, quick question related to in design, i have a stamp design i need to copy and paste 300 times and number each stamp P1,P2,P3 .... P300 

so the design on every stamp has to be same but the numbering of the stamp differs in order to have 1 to 300 stamps, is there any fast way i can do all of the above ? Please let me know ! 

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would build the design on a parent/master page, set up your numbering as a page number, back in the document add another 299 pages. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did that and worked in minutes thank u! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not picturing what you want to do.

Do you have one stamp per page or 300 stamps per page?

Depending on what you need, page numbering could be used or an auto number could be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ! Page numbering worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are providing individual page PDFs for each stamp, the easiest way is to use the automatic page number as mentioned by @Creamer Training.

But it sounds more likley from your question you are laying out a certain number on a page (like 8-up on a letter-size sheet), That would be a perfect job for a data merge.

Let us know which you way you are planning to go and one of us will give you a quick heads up on a procedure, even if you want the same number more than once on each stamp..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ! The print house probably needs more than one stamp on a page, hence i need to add around 10-20 stamps on one spread (or page) and have a total of 300 stamps numbered. I have already executed the method of automated numbering and I now have 300 stamps (numbered) but each on a different spread hence each on a pdf page. Is there any quick way I can merge like 10-20 on every spread ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with your print provider, generally they would impose the individual pages for you in a method that would make it easier for them to cut and process the stamps in order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's most likely your printer wants individual files. They can very easily set up a template to place all of them in the best orientation for their printer. If you try and do this yourself, it's actually harder for them. Have a word with your rep. You only need one copy of each though?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Probably" is not a good word to use when sending a job to the printer. Call them and ask them. They may want individual stamps (one per page) and will impose them with special software to put 20 on a sheet (not page)--or they may want you to do all the work. 

If they are imposing the job with individual stamps, use the page numbering method. 

If you want to impose the job yourself (10-20 on a page), you can do it a few ways. 

Here is one:

On Windows, you can open the PDF up in Acrobat Pro and print to the Adobe PDF print driver using the Multiple option. 

(I'm not in front of my Mac at the moment but I can check that later if you can't get it working.)

image.png

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines