• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating presets

Contributor ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish to create an A5 preset with a particular set of swatches but am struggling to get the swatches panel with the correct colours as it keeps defaulting to my main default document.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what templates are for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michael5ED9

Thanks for reaching out. As suggested by Bob, you can create a template, for information on how to create the template https://helpx.adobe.com//indesign/using/create-documents.html 

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bob mentioned, you can create an A5 document, insert your swatches and then use File>Save As and choose InDesign Template.

You would use this to start any new document. 

If you wanted - you can create the swatches with no documents open and this will be the default for All New Documents. 

Alternatively, you can make an InDesign file with the swatches.

When you start a New InDesign File - you can go to the Swatches panel and use the sub menu to Laod Swatches from your previous document. 

Another method would be to Add the Swatches to your Adobe Creative Cloud Library - then you can select the colours from the Creative Cloud Library any time you need them. 

There's many ways to do what you need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys. I get that templates can be used or saving a client's brand colours to the Creative Cloud Library, but I thought you could create a new preset and save a specific set of swatches with that preset. So, for example, I've created a preset called 'A5 148x210 portrait' which has a default set of clients' brand colours but which I now want to change so that only a new client's swatches will appear with that new preset. It's no big deal, but is there no way of doing that? Every time I try it defaults to the standard set of swatches and, obviously, I could add the new brand colours but my preference is always to work with simplified, uncluttered, palettes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the presets only relate to document sizes, margins, columns, bleed slug etc and don't include swatches, style or anything else 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Eugene didn't see your last reply until now. That's cleared that one up, many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines