• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Apps add file extension after first letter of file name when I try to save

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save a new document, the default file name is "Untitled-1.indd" (or .psd or .ai). If I want to call the file "ProjectA.indd" when I start typing and press "P" all creative cloud apps add the file extension after the first letter then continue with what I am typing. So what should be "ProjectA" turns into "P.inddrojectA." If I only type "Pr" I get "P.inddr." If I start to delete and remove the r and the second d, it will add the file extension again so I end up with "P.ind.indd." If I delete back to the "P" and start typing again it will work and I can type "ProjectA" without InDesign adding .indd in the middle. Also, if after I get "P.inddr" if I highlight the entire filename and delete, I can type "ProjectA" without InDesign adding .indd in the middle. The same thing happens in Illustrator and Photoshop. Is there a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

I cannot see this behavior on my German Windows 10 machine with e.g. InDesign 2022.

Are you on Mac OS ?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for responding. Yes, I am on a Mac running Monterey 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hm. Let's see if other Mac OS users can see the same behavior when on Monterey 12.0.1.

I would report this bug at Adobe InDesign UserVoice:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

When done come back and post the link of the report.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines