Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop Marks Responding Incorrectly to Bleed Settings during Export

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It seems that suddenly crop marks aren't working correctly when I export a document for print. Been doing this for years now without issue, and this one is really stumping me! I have bleeds set up in the document itself at .125", my content spans to the width of the bleeds, and when I export, I have it set to "Use document bleed settings". Regardless, my final PDFs are not placing the crop marks correctly or the bleeds aren't working as they're supposed to. Does anyone know if there's something new in the latest version of InDesign that I need to do prior to exporting bleeds? Is it possible I'm not aware of a new setting?

Below are images of my settings in the working file, and the final product. Hoping I'm just missing something obvious and having an "off" day...

I'm running the latest version of Adobe CC with the most updated version of InDesign installed. I'm on a Windows PC. The file shown is a test file. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

You must tick “Crop marks”, not “bleed marks”. Bleed marks are outside the final trim dimension.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must tick “Crop marks”, not “bleed marks”. Bleed marks are outside the final trim dimension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew I would ultimately be embarrassed by the reply! An "off day" indeed... Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @jmlevy

Crop marks are supposed to be outside the trim area, too ;7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pieter, I meant that cropmarks “match” the trim area, contrary to the bleed marks. I think I didn't use the exact correct English word…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just yanking your chain a bit. Been a tough week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines