• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Cross-Reference formatting: (see Internal Organs on page 273)

Contributor ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing a textbook directly in InDesign. I am using a lot of Cross-References: references to other sections and references to figures.

Right now, I am looking at a page, where the Cross-Reference I just inserted says: "(see Internal Organs on page 273.)" It is references a diagram of internal organs of the abdomen. I manually made the name of the diagram italics, because I like the way it looks, and I think it will is more readable that way. It would be nice if I could get InDesign to do this automatically. But that's not the main reason for this post.

The main reason is that both the Cross-Reference and the figure are on page 273. I would like to preserve this as a Cross-Reference, as the text might move as I edit it and then they both wouldn't be on the same page. But wouldn't it be nice if InDesign noticed when a Cross Reference and the referenced Text Anchor were on the same page? And said, instead of showing "(see Internal Organs on page 273.)" it said "(see Internal Organs on this page.)"?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Hi Keith:

One of the AdobeCommunity Forum's great mysteries is why there is a feature request tag when Adobe actually wants everyone to post all feature requests here: https://indesign.uservoice.com.

I guess I should put in a forum feature request to remove the feature request tag. 😉

Happy Friday,

~Barb

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Keith:

One of the AdobeCommunity Forum's great mysteries is why there is a feature request tag when Adobe actually wants everyone to post all feature requests here: https://indesign.uservoice.com.

I guess I should put in a forum feature request to remove the feature request tag. 😉

Happy Friday,

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines