• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cross-Reference link to header row text of multi-page table links to end, not beginning

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! So I have a document consisting of lots of long tables preceded by a table of contents that's in an actual table (this format can't change for specific reasons), so instead of using Layout > Table of Contents I'm having to create it use cross-reference links. The problem is when the text "Alpha" in the toc is set to reference to "Alpha" in the corresponding table header, the link takes the viewer to the very last instance of that table header text instead of the first (i.e. table starts on page 1 and runs through page 4, but the link takes the viewer to the header row on page 4).

I can't see where to have control over this, any tips would be great!

Notes:

1. Making the header row text a text anchor and making the toc text hyperlinks creates the same issue.
  2. Push come to shove I can just create hidden text outside of the beginning of the table and link those or something, but I was hoping for a clean automated solution and also one that won't be confusing for a screen reader.

Let me know if any of that is unclear and I'll try my best to elaborate.

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've attached a sample pdf of my issue and a screenshot of the cross-reference dialog box in case that's any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines