I have a booklet that has a lot of cross references. It is a renamed InDesign file, but I have updated all of the links to point to the correct document.
When I send it to PDF, some of the links are correct and some still point to a different document. (But it's really the same document.) They appear to work properly when I open the file in Acrobat, but they do not work when the file is send to a flipbook plug-in. (Two different plug-ins were tested - it's clearly a problem in how InDesign defined the links when sent to Acrobat.)
When I go to Edit Link in Acrobat, good links look like this:
Bad links look like this:
Edit doesn't let you change the action to "this document." (Plus, so many links are affected this would be a lot of work.)
Here's a link to the file in a flipbook. If you go to page 47, you will see that "Amuka" is the only film that actually links. All of the films should. There are problems on the next page, too.