• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cross Reference Problems - same document / different document

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a booklet that has a lot of cross references. It is a renamed InDesign file, but I have updated all of the links to point to the correct document.

When I send it to PDF, some of the links are correct and some still point to a different document. (But it's really the same document.) They appear to work properly when I open the file in Acrobat, but they do not work when the file is send to a flipbook plug-in. (Two different plug-ins were tested - it's clearly a problem in how InDesign defined the links when sent to Acrobat.) 

When I go to Edit Link in Acrobat, good links look like this:

Good-Link.JPG

Bad links look like this:

Bad-Link.JPG

Edit doesn't let you change the action to "this document." (Plus, so many links are affected this would be a lot of work.)

Here's a link to the file in a flipbook. If you go to page 47, you will see that "Amuka" is the only film that actually links. All of the films should. There are problems on the next page, too.

http://design-on-call.com/frff-program-spreads-schedule/

HELP! I have tried everything I can think of. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Personally, I have found that cross-references corrupt unless started initially in the document. Any transference or copy and pasting seems to cause me problems. This feature is a delicate one!

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines