• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 version 7 InDesign PlugIn- how to update/install

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign states I am missing plugins.  Does anyone know how I can update/install plugins?  Where is the installer located?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

That is typical of trying to open a file created in a later version of InDesign. You'll need to have whoever sent it to you create an IDML file. Be aware that text will likely reflow and any new features will be missing or badly broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

As @BobLevine mentioned this generally happens when you try to open a document created in a later version of InDesign in a previous version. In such a case you can't update your plugins as you are on a previous version unless you update your InDesign or if the missing plugin has a version for CS5 as well(ask the developer of the plugin if there is a CS5 version available). The other way out for you is to get hold of the IDML file from the source and be mindful of the issues highlighted by Bob, y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact error message? What are you doingf when it pops up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is typical of trying to open a file created in a later version of InDesign. You'll need to have whoever sent it to you create an IDML file. Be aware that text will likely reflow and any new features will be missing or badly broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @BobLevine mentioned this generally happens when you try to open a document created in a later version of InDesign in a previous version. In such a case you can't update your plugins as you are on a previous version unless you update your InDesign or if the missing plugin has a version for CS5 as well(ask the developer of the plugin if there is a CS5 version available). The other way out for you is to get hold of the IDML file from the source and be mindful of the issues highlighted by Bob, you may have to redo some work on your document.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note that you cannot open a document from InDesign CS5.5 in InDesign CS5.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While all of the comments regarding opening newer files are true, and the most likely cause of your error message, it is still possible that you actually have a CS5 file that uses a third party plugin that you don't have installed. If that's the case (and if it is the file would open) you can either attempt to find the plugin or you can export the file to IDML yourself which should strip out the third-party plugin information.

Keep in mind that not all third party plugins can be bypassed and keep the file fully funtional. though many can be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to stick to my original thought. The OP said missing plugins. I'd expect anyone with one single missing plugin to let us know what it is.

Of course, we now have to wait for the OP to come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a Rorohiko plugin once way-back-when that I didn't reinstall and it threw precisely this error, which is why I mentioned the possibility. I agree, though, that the newer version file is the more likely scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines