I can't get the cursor to load on placed text. I'm placing a docx file, and I've done this a hundred times with no problem. What could possible keep the cursor from loading?
ID CC, Windows 10.
UPDATE: I tried this with an .rtf version of the file, the cursor loaded, but the text frames were not automatically created as usual. And there is no overset text indicated by a red X. When i click on that spot anyway, the cursor loads again, but shift-clicking onto the second page has the same result. It's like autoflow is turned off.
okay, in case this helps anyone else, i got everything to work. Here are my notes:
Malwarebytes was apparently locking the file. (I was so mad, I got rid of it, cancelled my subscription--no one should be able to lock you out of your own files).
i did go to properties for my publishing folder and did the right click TAKE OWNERSHIP for all of them. Don't know if that mattered.
When i opened the docx file in WPS writer, error message said the file was locked by another program.
These files are compiled from Scrivener. I tried recompiling in both formats, with the same result--file was locked in WPS, and also couldn't load the cursor and place in ID.
I pulled up scrivener file for a different book to test it, compiled to docx, created fresh ebook file from default, and placed, and it worked.
So, i figured there was some sort of corruption in the file I had trouble with.
I don't know what was MB and what was maybe a corrupt scriv file. (it was fine a few days ago).
After all that, I finally decided to find the epub file (which was the one used for previous publishing), loaded the epub version into calibre, converted it to docx, and when i placed that in indesign it worked, and also did the autoflow.