• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cut and Paste from txt moving the "code" also. (WIN10)

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real new to CC InDesign (running lastest version). I have 2 users puling the same txt file. At USER1 desk the file does not pull the "code" along with the text. On user2 the file pulls everything over. I checked both clipboard preferences and they are the same. Must be a setting somewhere I'm assuming. I've attached a sample of the file ad you can see the "code". Both are on WIN10. I rebooted PC.

Again, to clarify, the "code" is in the txt file but user1 can copy/paste and it just inserts the text.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Bob ... 

Guess I got ahead of myself on this one. I got back in touch with the person who set up USER1 PC and it was an add-in for InDesign (third party app) called "Xtags for InDesign". It romoves them for you when you cut/paste or drop/drag... I added it to USER2 and All is well. 

Thanks again ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that some kind of tagged text? I see no reason why InDesign would ignore the "code" in there if all you did was copy/ paste.

We need way more information on EXACTLY what is happening here and where this text is coming from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob ... 

Guess I got ahead of myself on this one. I got back in touch with the person who set up USER1 PC and it was an add-in for InDesign (third party app) called "Xtags for InDesign". It romoves them for you when you cut/paste or drop/drag... I added it to USER2 and All is well. 

Thanks again ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines