• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dark full bleed background on print doc not translating to epub (reflowable)

Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again... The client wants a full-page image of white text on a gray background for his epub. In the print version (see left image) it's not an issue, I did paragraph shading for the entire text box as part of the InDesign style sheet, thinking that would translate to the epub, but alas, it does not, (see right image). Can someone provide any insight as to why this is happening?

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to , Import and export , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that's even a very good idea. Remember, the reader has full control over fonts, size and most readers have a dark theme choice, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Bob here.

But if it must be, use

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" style="height:100%; background-color:black; color:white; margin:0; padding:0;">

This works in the Kindle Previewer and Thorium reader.

A reflowable epub file usually does not "know" about the page height. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for getting back to me, you two! I really appreciate it. 

It's the client's request that the section page to have a dark background with reverse type. I'm currently working on the print edition of his book and he wants the same treatment for the epub.

Right now my current workaround is to substitute the page with an image instead with the type on the dark background. Rayek, if I were to implement the code, would I doing this in the html section of the doc or does this involve css as well? Sorry, I'm code-illiterate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines