• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data merge export in PDF records limitation

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there are any Adobe developers reading this, I just need this option to work which doesn't at the moment.
111.JPG

Despite the limitation input option, ID generates one document in this case.
And would be nice to have print/interactive pdf option of this export, as it kills off internal document links and I need them.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there.

I wrote a script that does this a couple of years ago and it can be downloaded from my website: https://colecandoo.com/2015/09/04/data-merge-from-indesign-to-unique-filenames-now-a-reality/

I also have a separate script that will data merge to interactive PDF, but this is a paid script. However, I do offer other solutions to accomplish this task: https://colecandoo.com/2017/03/05/data-merge-to-uniquely-named-interactive-pdfs/

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021, 4 years passed, the said option still doesn't work...

Why put something in, if you don't even plan to make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look at the solutions Colin has developed? 

Did you ever file your idea in the actual place where feature/bug requests are made: https://indesign.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my free workarounds. I need to go through this procedure once a year, I can cope. 

Adobe just sent a message yesterday about a 'badge' that I've 'earned' because of his topic...I decided to check if it's still relevant. It is... 

Idea? What idea? The option is already there, it just doesn't work. Instead of generating 1 document per 1 record, it piles them all up in 1 document killing off the interactive elements along the way. What's the point of this tickbox then? Should I go there and say "Hey guys, I have a breakthrough idea, what if the functions you include in the app would actually work! Amazing, right?!"... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I misspoke. Bug. File the bug where it needs to be filed. And take a deep breath. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your professional advice on breathing techniques...
I've been filing bugs quite a bit. One from the last year was quite crucial and it's still there god knows how many updates since... so, that's equal to yelling at the sky, wishing upon a star really... 
Anyway, the solution is - Adobe doing their job, which they are very well paid for, not me deeply breathing while shoving complaint into the void and compromising corporate workstation with a side produced software, which our IT wouldn't allow anyway. 
You have a great day, Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines