• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data Merge for Calendar

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have around 20 calendars with designs similar to the one I added in the image that need to be updated from 2024 to 2025. I am manually updating the dates one by one using the end nested style method. Is there a way to use data merge to change these calendars from the year 2024 to 2025, or do you know of a shorter method? 

Thank you so much. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If those TFs for days are linked - you could just place a new contents - best would be to use InDesign Tagged Text format.

But if they are separated and without any kind of labels to identify them - you would need to start from scratch... unless... can you share your document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, thank you for your assistance. I am sending you my document as an attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you are using Tables - so the only option is to replace contents of those tables... Much quicker than writing script.

You can use any website for days:

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=2024&country=9

RobertTkaczyk_0-1702390723847.png

Then copy&paste month by month - but for some reason you have local Numbering turned on:

RobertTkaczyk_1-1702390776588.png

... so you would need to turn it off:

RobertTkaczyk_2-1702390813301.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Entering dates manually into the calendar doesn't take too much of your time, I think. ( :

2024-calendar-free-printable-with-holidays-a4-black

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your source and in what format? If it is a spreadsheet you could place as tables and keep the link to the spreadsheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, sorry but I do not understand what you mean by format. I am using tables for dates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I wasn't clear in my question. As you have planned to use Data Merge, you must have a source document to data-merge from. What is the source document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines