Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data merge not working in Dedesign

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used the Data-Merge function InDesign in July and it worked just fine. I tried to use it again now in August and it's not working. I thought that the issue was the format of the excel sheet but I have it as both a CVS and TXT and nothing. The files I used to make the data-merge before worked just fine so I decided to just save my new data on the same sheet and as soon as I saved it, it no longer worked. I tried making a new spreadsheet multiple time, all the data is in separate cells and no special characters, and still nothing. I'm not sure what's happening. HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Thank you for your reply. I had downloaded the source from google docs. for some reason, this made it not compatible with excel and InDesing. I made a new excel document and copied just the information I needed (without the title row) into it, instead of copying the entire column. This for some reason worked and I was able to move on with the project. I am not sure why this was the case but it worked. hope this is useful to others

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have to make sure that no empty rows in the excel sheet!

can you show a screen shot ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What message do you get (exactly) when Data Merge fails?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with a merge document I've been using for years. There is no message - it just doesn't work at all. I tried creating a new document and data source. It's as if there is no merge function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yicaury,

We have been waiting for your response to this query.

Kindly update the discussion if the issue is resolved or you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I had downloaded the source from google docs. for some reason, this made it not compatible with excel and InDesing. I made a new excel document and copied just the information I needed (without the title row) into it, instead of copying the entire column. This for some reason worked and I was able to move on with the project. I am not sure why this was the case but it worked. hope this is useful to others

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines