• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data Merge not working?

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've used data merge possibly hundreds of times but now it doesn't work at all.

The palette opens. I can select "Select Data Source" and choose a file. (.csv or .txt) and then it just....doesn't do anything. Nothing loads. No errors. No nothing.

I'm completely updated both with all Adobe software and with my OS Ventura 13.2.1. I've tried saving in all versions of .csv and .txt. I've taken out the file name to be only "Book.csv" in case it's a naming issue. I've tried other files and a brand-new document. I've also waited several minutes after an attempt (in case it's a delay). I've restarted both the program and then the entire computer. I've also tried deleting my Indesign preference files on loading. Nothing ever happens when I select a Data Source. And if I go back to the menu, it still has "Select a Data Source" available.

I asked two coworkers to try it on their computers, but neither was able to do it. One was able to open a file that already had a data source, and half the time they could replace that data source with another file. The other half of the time, nothing would happen.  

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried much simpler contents of the CSV file ?

What is the encoding of the CSV file ? ASCII or UNICODE ?

Have you updated recently InDesign ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @maggiem98201364 it sounds like there is some corruption in the data itself if you can't use it on other computers.

Check the data itself and see if there is anything out of the ordinary causing Data Merge to hang/fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines