• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data merge ( Paste into Graphic Frame Problem )

New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I use Data merge technique by using images and  putting circle graphic frame in master page  , when The new indesign file that result from data merge created , I tried to put a paste  thecircle graphic frame Into the new frame ( from illustrator ) by using ( edit - paste into ) but document pages remain without changing 

What is the problem please 

Any soultion here

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any soultion here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard time visualizing what you are trying to do. Why aren't you just adding the AI graphic during the merge process? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I knowed about this change from my supervisor  (After ) I finished the merge process

and the file not only contain inmages but also other variables

It's so difficult to begin merge process from starting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ramy5FDA,

address the frame you pasted from Illustrator as the one that should contain the images from your merge.

Throw away the circle graphic frame. Instead use the one you copied over from Illustrator.

Make sure that this frame is not a group of frames or a frame that contains other frames or an object of multiple paths. Or a frame that contains a PDF or EPS like object. It must be a frame that you can select with the Direct Selection tool and the shape of the path is the one you are expecting. A frame that does contain nothing at all.

Note: If you copy something over from Illustrator to InDesign you could get a complex group of objects. Even if the frame on the Illustrator side is just a single frame.

To clarify all this do a screenshot from your InDesign layout after you selected the element you copied over from Illustrator. Show the Layers panel with this object.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines