Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Data merge with different images

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have a flyer wiht 16 different versions which i need to create again and again. I would need to mannualy update the images of each flyer. So i created a 16 page document and i am looking for a feuture to use my date merge on this 16 pages, in word there is a command next record which you can place on the next page. So i don;t like to use the create documents in the date merge window, i like to implement the data merge on the existing pages. 

Is that possible?

Thanks, 

Ronald

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Engaged , Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021
Hi Ronald, you can use data merge with images if you add a "@" at the beginning of the column name and put the path to your images in different rows. Then you need to create just one version and apply the different images via your csv/txt-file. See https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/data-merge.html Is that what you need?

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021
write '@

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ronald,
you can use data merge with images if you add a "@" at the beginning of the column name and put the path to your images in different rows.
Then you need to create just one version and apply the different images via your csv/txt-file.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/data-merge.html

Is that what you need?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS!!! Not exactly the workflow whoch i am lokkonh for but this will work, awesome!!!

Have a great day

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oeps sorry for the typos, my keyboard went crazy 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excell does not allow me to use @ in the cell, it thinks it is a formula. Any tips on that?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

write '@

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it working, thank you so much!

Have a great day

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oeps one problem left. Somehow there is a very thin line where the image is placed. The images are all psd files with transperency. On the edges of the image, on the export there is a small line. The psd files are clean.
You can see the line just above the head of the dj, cutting trough the logo. 

Is there someway i can crop this line out? In all 16 files the lines are there.......

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

found it, there was a 1 pixel stroke on the image placeholder. 
SOLVED
Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines