Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Default Color setting in InDesign

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Mac OS:  Big Sur

InDesign version CC2020

Issue: In General Default color setting for InDesign was North America General Purpose 2. But in one of my system which has Big Sur MAC OS it has the Default Color Setting as European General Purpose 2. Even though I fixed the color setting to North America General purpose 2 without opening any document. I removed my InDesign Preference and open the InDesign application it shows European General purpose 2.

I also reinstalled my application still it shows the same.

Thanks

Ganesh.R

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestion: go to Photoshop > Edit > Color Settings and set your choices there and save and name it. Then go to Bridge > Edit > Color Settings and choose the same Color Settings File you just made and named in Photoshop. Finally, go visit InDesign to see if it has changed to follow PS as conveyed by Bridge.

Does the problem still persist in ID after this procedure?

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

In our system we just have InDesign Alone as I said in my first converstation I already done this option.

Thanks

Ganesh.R

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My next guess is to heal any file permissions issues on the macOS.

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even though I fixed the color setting to North America General purpose 2 without opening any document. 

You can’t set a default Color Settings, they are always sticky to the last settings chosen either in InDesign or from Bridge’s Color Settings Syncing—doesn’t matter whether there are documents open or not.

Also, existing documents are not normally color managed via Color Settings—they are managed by their assigned profiles and policies (see Edit>Assign Profiles...), which are determined by the Color Settings preferences chosen when the document is created. The only exception would be documents that have no profile assignments, in those cases color management falls back to the current Color Settings Working Spaces.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines