• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

default object layer visability when using data merge

Explorer ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys I regularily use data merge with images and QR codes in indesign. What I am wondering is - you can set deafault fitting properties to an image frame. Can you also set default object layer visibility. For instance I have 100 images that I regularily via photoshop batch process remove the background and resave. Then place via data merge in indesign. If I could use object layer visibility overides when merging the files I would not have to duplicate the image without a background through Photoshop. I could simply  merge all the photoshop files with my indesign file and the layer visibility properties would hide the background of the image file. Thus I wouldn't have to replicate the image files with no background.

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not entirely sure what the process is here - but sounds like it would have to be scripted - although I have no experience in this whatsoever. 

Can you elaborate on the workflow and some examples of what you're trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines