• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete section markers and page numbers

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a newbie I seem to have inadvertently  got my section markers wrong so I can have different page numbering for front matter and chapter page numbering. How do I either delete or reset everything back to zero to start again? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TpiDave 

which adobe app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post a question you always need to tell the Adobe program you are using
There are MANY programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can reset the sections the selecting each page icon in the Pages Panel where you have incorrectly set a section start and go back to the Numbering and Section Options from the flyout menu. You can remove a sction start by unchecking the box, or just change the options.

It's OK to have multiple sections sections start with the same page number, but InDesign gets confused if you do that and use the same numbering style for both (all) of them. It is traditional to use small roman numerals for front matter, and I persoally tend to use ABC for unnumbered pages before front matter, but you may do whatever suits your own needs. Just remember that odd numbers should be assigned to right-hand pages and even numbers to lefts in books that read left-to-right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information on my dilemma. I will get to sorting things out when the new year arrives. At present I am pushed for space to sort through nearly 300 pages. I have a favourite saying, "The learning is in the event." I certainly will learn a lot from my inattention to details in the on-line help topics. I will let you know the outcome soon. Again, thank you for your prompt reply. Have a great new year, you and all your family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines