• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting all text boxes and images on one layer

Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am designing a 240 page book where nearly every page contains at least one image and at least one text box.  The book will be printed with a varnish (a fifth plate) on every image.

The printer has instructed me to set up the varnish in the following way in InDesign:

1. With the finished book, make a duplicate layer.
  2. Delete all text boxes on the new layer (including page numbers)
  3. Delete all images (but not their containers) on the new layer
  4. Fill all the empty image containers with 100% black

I have done this previously with an even bigger book, and it did of course take several hours, and it's also easy to make mistakes. So I thought it might be possible to do this with a script - only problem is I know nothing about scripting - so I wonder if someone would be willing to help me out?

Thanks in advance! Using ID CS5.5, win xp pro sp3.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you drop me your email address, I'll send you the script

Mike Wedge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

per[at]perberntsen[dot]com

That's very kind of you - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Both,

I am having a similar problem.

I have to extract all images to a new layer, without modifying the size of the container.

As long as I am not an expert in scripting I have tried to do a simple code to obtain all links and go to its parent to change its itemlayer property to the new layer. But it is not what I am looking for and it has not work.

The layout of the current layer is based in tables, so images are anchored objects inside table cells, so when I run the simple script I mentioned I also get errors becuase it says the items are grouped. And even if I first run a script to ungroup everything I get the error.

I would appreciate help.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having similar issues. Trying to translate a PDF from English to Japanese, and there are some subtitle remains, what cannot be deleted. After Acrobat I installed/subscribed to Illustrator as well, but still no luck with it. Anyway great to have 7 days of free trying out. I have to cancel both of subscribtion and ask someone professional to do it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Michiyo306060497mry This thread is 11 years old and your problem is unrelated to it. Please create a new post and explain clearly your issue. I will lock this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines