• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting pages

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to delete blank pages but it won't let me. It says the page has an object in it, so when I delete, it seems to mess up the pages that come after it. I  think it's something to do with flow text. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Physical pages in InDesign are one layer. Document pages are in a text flow that lies on top of these pages in text frames. Deleting a physical page won't change the flow and order of the text frames and content; deleting a text frame will just leave an empty physical page and push all the content down to successive pages.

In general, don't mess with the physical pages defined in the Pages pane. And don't delete the frame on any document page. If you have an extra page, you have to delete all of the text-flow content in the frame on that page to get all the following pages to move up. Many times there are hidden characters, page-break paragraph styles or the like pushing text down even though a page seems to be empty.

But work entirely within the text flow to "delete pages." That's very simplified, and there are times to delete frames and physical pages, but I think you'll find this accomplishes what you're after and makes the "content logic" a little clearer.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I think I've sorted it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! The thing to keep in mind with InDesign is that lots of elements that are "one thing" or "locked together" in similar apps — like pages are in Word — are actually multiple elements you can manipulate in advanced ways. The ID page-over-page (or maybe "content over page" structure is one of those.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines