• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Designing an Email in Adobe then Uploading the HTML

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have experience using an Adobe product (specifically InDesign) to create an email and then uploading it as html in an email program like Constant Contact, etc?

I need to be able to create/design an email using InDesign and then exporting it as html to be dropped into an application like Constant Contact. From what I'm reading in older posts, InDesign really couldn't accomodate this properly. Is this still the case? I am not a coder so I need the ability to design the email using InDesign, Photoshop, etc.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the InDesign forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really possible. You're better off creating the templates in the email programmes.

They've designed in mind with different browsers, screen sizes, orientations, email readers, etc to work really well.

You're much better off using their tools.

You can of course design anything you want and replicate on the email platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the Platforms I have to use are limited and clunky. I was hoping I could freely design as I wanted and then just easily upload it into the email platform to send the email out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the Platforms I have to use are limited and clunky.

By erin.fisherroot@sunmark.org

That's because email is a "clunky" format.

And tempermental. And unpredictable. And controlled mainly by the receiver's operating system, email software, device, and preferences.

MailChimp, Constant Contact, et al have developed their templates to work across most of these settings and devices. Best to use them, rather than attempt to make your own HTML.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to win a gazillion dollars in the lottery. I still haven't but I can assure you, I have a better chance at this than you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not gonna happen and if you're not a coder just stick with the Constant Contact features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, we just had a recent topic on the same points. Doing pro design and transferring it to email used to be possible. Now, with the need to use a validated mailing service or end up with a blacklisted mail server, it's use the build-a-bear templates or nothing.

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines