• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Device Restrictions

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously had an adobe acccount associated with my school that I would use on my personal computer. Having left my school I purchased using my personal email account my own indesign subscription. I have already re-installed indesign but when I open the application it says my account is not valid on this device. Saying to contact my IT administrator but I do not know who that is. I have tried to call for support but it says I need a product and a serial number that I can not find. How can I open the app? 

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you signed out of your Creative Cloud desktop application and signed in using your new personal Adobe ID? The CC desktop app controls all of your installations and that is where your account is defined. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the advice, I've given it a try but no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you may have bought your own subscription and installed your own version of Adobe InDesign, you likely still have remnants of your school-provided Creative Cloud account in your system.

Rather than try to determine where and what those remnants are, it's better to let Adobe totally eliminate it and then re-install with your own subscription information. The best way to do that is with Adobe's CCCleaner tool, which you can find at this link. Following the link will also offer directions on how to eliminate all those sundry remnants and start from scratch.

You can then re-install Creative Cloud and point it at your subscription, re-install InDesign and rest assured that old memories (in your system) won't come back to bite you.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy thanks for the information. I followed the instructions on the link but the same issue keeps appearing. Though I noticed that my creative cloud apps appear differently on my browser than they do in the app. I'm going to try calling the help center and contact my old IT department. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions about your setup:

• What computer are you running InDesign on?
  • What operating system version are you running on your computer?
  • What version of InDesign were you running with your school-authorized install?
  • Did you purchase the full version subscription of Creative Cloud or just one for InDesign?
  • Are you still getting the Account Not Valid alert or are you having other problems now?

We want to help, but we're going to need more information from you to be able to lend a hand.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines