• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Diacritic positioning option gone in adobe's latest update (Adobe In-Design CC)

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I have a simple question. We work on an adobe In-Design middle East version. Diacritic positioning is a vital tool that we need in almost every paragraph. In yesterday's automatic update it just vanished or changed its position. We cannot figure out where it is now. it used to be in the following menu  

Windows>Type & Tables>Diacritic positioning... 

Any help... as we need to finalise a project by tomorrow evening

many thanks 

TOPICS
Feature request , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sunil for your suggestsions. I have already been to these links and they talk about older versions of In-Design. even my previous version (2020) was different from these. And now it has installed 2021 version. And diacritic positioning option not to be found!!! 

Thanks anyways ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to change the preference to middle-east. I think those options will appear.

Try one more time.

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, Did you end up finding a salution for this problom? i have the same problom and nothing seams to be woking! pls let me know if you have a salution for it.

thanks! 

Miriam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctr+T you'll get to Character panel

On the bottom part of this pannel you'll find diactric positioning controls

20220510_181354.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's written in Arabic and meant to say "Horizontal" and "Vertical".

I have non ME edition and it works like was in old ME CS5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From InDesign CC 2014 till this recent version of 2022, the Diacritic Positioning panel is found in the following location:

Window > Type and Tables > Diacritic Positioning

It has one main feature different to the Character Panel option, the one-step easy to use none/loose/normal/tight menu

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 2.28.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 2.32.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there... 
Found out one simple reason ... Diacritic positioning is more to do with language preferences when installing indesign ... If you want Diacritic positioning make sure you set up the following BEFORE you install in design:

Adob CC >> Accounts (on top right corner of CC Desktop, under the cross)>>Preferences>>Apps (scroll a bit down to find) Default install language >> English یدعم العربیۃ 

--Close Adobe CC Desktop >> open CC Desktop and check if the Default Install Language has been saved to above

--Now install in design and you will find Diacritic positioning at the following:

Windows>Type & Tables>Diacritic positioning

In Case you cannot access Diacritic positioning ... Uninstall In-Design from CC Desktop >> Repeat above mentioned precedeure 

Hope it resolves once for all... 

Many thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this the answer because by me its not. and i cant find the way to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the only answer i have is using newer fonts. very new like not more than 5 years old.  so anything i did before i have to change fonts. or the font company has an updated version of the font which wroks. but this is an obsolute mess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines