Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference in color from Creative Cloud file to InDesign image

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EB89B42E-A574-4F85-8D52-405616431FB5.jpeg

the above photo shows 2 versions of the same image, the upper from Adobe Creative Cloud file of the original image created in Graphic for iPad and uploaded to there. The lower shows the same image placed into InDesign document. I'm still relatively new to InDesign, so I'm not sure about settings for colore profiles, etc., but I'm wondering if that is what might be the problem. I really want the brighter colors of the upper image.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the final output will for screen viewing, set your Edit>Transparency Blend Space to Document RGB, and make sure Overprint Preview and Proof Colors are not turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The final product will be print on coated fine art paper using an Epson R1900 printer. Does that make a difference in the Blend Space, Overprint Preview and Proof Colors settings?
Thanks for your speedy response.
Jim Cassidy

Sent from my amazing iPad Pro thanks to some really neat people!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for speedy reply.

The final output will be print on coated fine at paper using Epson R1900 printer. Does that change the Transparency Blend Space/Overprint Preview/Proof Colors edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Composite inkjet printers almost always have RGB drivers—the final conversion to CcMmYKk is handled in the driver. So, yes set your blend space to RGB, and set the document’s assigned RGB profile (Edit>Assign Profiles) to a large gamut profile (i.e., AdobeRGB not sRGB).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Besides Blend Space, what are your Color Settings currently in ID?

What your screen grab shows is the expected color shift if converting to a typical CMYK profile. Since your Epson is an inkjet printer with a wider gamut (their CMYK inks are purer and more vibrant), you will want to at least change your Proof Setup to link to an Epson ICC profile for your paper setup. (You should have set of ICC profiles with your printer's installer... if not, you can get them online at Epson and install them. If there's not one for Fine Art Paper use the closest or the "glossiest"). Then, when you select "Proof Colors", you can see the expected shift in color in your final print. Just because you want the bright colors in your JPG, does not mean they are possible on print, even with an 8-color printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines